Friday, October 15, 2010

starving in the pulpit

Speaking to a pastor I said, if Jesus walked in the front door of many churches 70% of those inside would run out the back door. The pastor responded, I would speak like Peter, stay away from me Jesus for I am a sinner. Notice that Peter's sins were not yet taken away on the cross. Notice that the Holy Spirit had not yet come over him. Notice it was the same for that pastor. Today we were already healed on the cross, and our sins were already taken away on the cross. I've heard boasting in the pulpit and the boaster was proud of still being a sinner and said plainly, by using the if word, that being a proud unworthy, even after reading the Bible, he had no idea of what God's will was. Many in the pulpits are fat in learning and starving for a lack of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment