Sunday, October 13, 2013

behind the blue curtain

Starting a new year of sunday school I was handed my new set of coloring books. More phoney coloring books, ugh! Just like school, public school. I was told I could go with the men then. They met behind the drawn blue curtain that separated the choir and pulpit from the congregants. Sitting with the adults the first words I heard the pastor say was that we are studying Samson. Of course we know that this Bible story is not true, only the meaning. So what does it mean then if something is not true, only the meaning? I knew exactly! It was Donald Duck, Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, and now Samson, Jesus Christ and God Himself! Just like over the rainbow, pay no attention to the minister behind the pulpit. A story the adults tell for the  benefit of the children behind the blue curtain The first nail in the atheist's coffin was in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment