Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Fallacy of the misplaced authority tripped me up.....

 Since I was an atheist perhaps about seven years until the curtain went down on my college swing, I reflected recently, opposed  to rather belatedly, on the carte blanc moral foundation atheism offered me in the " timely" middle of my young time of life just when I knew so much with so little experience. 

I was free of the ten commandments and there was no obligation on me group-wise to live up to the guidance of any other standard except my own individual twist.  Collectively there stands a hodge podge up against the Christian outlook for me to reconsider. I wonder now how I did it. 

I did it by letting a fallacy slip by me unnoticed until I found myself under pressure which set me loose finally. Pressure can lurk in your mind for a long time before you even recognize it. It took me to my concluding college years to throw off a misjudgment I fell into when I was much younger beginning as a child. 

I thought erroneously that God was in with the adults. I even told God that if He was in with the pastor and those deacons I wanted no part of it even if He did exist. Then I was a child on my way atheism to immerge as a believer from college, where one of my better college professors told us if we were educated we would not believe in God. 

Later I was embarrassed but relieved to read that God forgave David because he was honest with Him. I grabbed ahold of that idea. I certainly was honest. Honest but dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment