Friday, August 12, 2022

From the portal

 Pulpit Talk at Pulpit Rock

 I was continually amazed at the many debates I witnessed about whether God existed or not, all without anyone ever defining what each debater argued who God was that they were advocating.

I was an atheist in those pompous days. My arguments were largely based on the people I witnessed attending churches, and not on God at all. Eventually I realized my position was wallowing in a logical fallacy. The fallacy of the misplaced authority.

I incorrectly assumed the pastor and elders of my church were authorities and that God was in on it with them. This was from my idea as a child that God was in with the "other" adults. 

Today I constantly am meeting atheists who maintain their atheism on their position as an atheist solely because of church people. My view is that the devil of doubt fosters these attacks on the churches. 

This is the reason for the Pulpit Rock blog. Churches spin off atheists from the age of fourteen, only for them to be eaten alive by the time they get to college, where they become educated. (See for the sake of the children at Pulpit Rock)

No comments:

Post a Comment